Thursday, May 19, 2011

Answers

Q1. Which country does prohibit corporal punishment by law?

A. There are 24 countries which ban corporal punishment.
Kenya, Tunisia, Poland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Republic of Moldova, Costa Rica, Spain, Venezuela, Uruguay, Portugal, New Zealand, Netherlands, Greece, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine, Iceland, Germany, Israel, Bulgaria, Croatia, Latvia, Denmark, Cyprus, Austria, Norway, Finland and Sweden.

I typed “corporal punishment prohibited country” on the internet, and then I found this web site.

http://www.endcorporalpunishment.org/pages/progress/prohib_states.html

"STATES WITH FULL ABOLITION." Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children . Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children , Aug 2009. Web. 18 May 2011. .



Q2. Where can corporal punishment happen? Please give many cases.

A. In homes and schools.

I typed “corporal punishment effective”, and I found this web site.
This article was written as one of the page that corpun group has. This web site itself has about 3000 pages.

http://www.corpun.com/benatar.htm

BenatarLast, David. "Philosophical study." world corporal punishmet research. Corpun, 06 Nov2007. Web. 18 May 2011. .



Q3. Do you know some cases about corporal punishment? Please explain it.

A. Yes.
In Yokohama public school, a teacher hit two students’ head by hand, because they were talking while other students were preparing for school lunch, and also they didn’t continue cleaning the class room.
He says that he regrets he damaged students heart.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110324-00000074-kana-l14

神奈川新聞, . "児童2人の頭平手でたたく、市立小の男性教諭を戒告処分/横浜." YAHOO!JAPN (2011): n. pag. Web. 19 May 2011. .
I typed teacher’s scandal on the yahoo news.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to know that 24 countries are alreadey banned corporal punishment.
    I think Japan has the punishment from many years ago. The reason I thought is two days ago I watched NHK's morning drama'ohisama', and there was a scene that a teacher beats students with a bamboo sword.

    ReplyDelete