A. I think the children who got corporal punishment can become the kind of person who can understand another’s pain. It is important to learn making a distinction between what is all right to do and what one shouldn’t do when one was a child. Parents have a responsibility to bring up their children and teachers also have a responsibility to bring up their student. As a result of investigation, it was clear that corporal punishment have good influence.
”http://www.narinari.com/Nd/20100112861.html”小さい子どもを叩くしつけも必要? 米調査で「良い子に育つ割合が高い」。
2. What’s the bad point about corporal punishment?
A. I think it is too much that arouse fear or injure. The children who got hard corporal punishment come to obey their parents and teachers, but it doesn’t mean they really understand distinction between what is all right and what one shouldn’t do. They just be scared the pain, so it’s not discipline.
” http://www20.big.or.jp/~ent/news/news_taibatsu.html”小児への体罰は逆効果
I found that corporal punishment give both of good and bad influence to children by how adults use it. But I believe corporal punishment is not a discipline. And like you say above, children would only feel fear and scared if the punishment go too far.
ReplyDeleteI think corporal punishment has big negative effect. Because 1st answear says that children grow to be good person and can understand what is good and what is bad, and 2nd answear says that actually children just do what they have to do because of fear of pain. I think this "good person" means "the person who never against parents or teacher." It means children become good (actually not good) person because of fear of pain. So, for parents, this is good because children never against them. However, for chidren, it is bad because punishment itself generates negative feeling such as fear.
ReplyDelete