Thursday, May 12, 2011

a bad web site

"「三針までは体罰に当たらず」 最高裁判所." 虚構新聞 n. pag. Web. 12 May 2011. <http://kyoko-np.net/2009070701.html>.

This is an online newspaper article. This article says about the case that actually happened. This article says the student who got corporal punishment by male teacher got a cut on his head that required three stitches. The teacher was indicted for injurious assault, but the Supreme Court gives a decision of “not guilty.” In the last of this article, an experienced teacher said “If it is not guilty up to three stitches, I can give corporal punishment without apology.” I think the extent of the student’s injury is serious, and the teacher should be punished. This decision is likely to encourage another corporal punishment. I think this decision should be reconsidered.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this article, I got a good idea of how corporal punishment is controversial.
    I got to know well about it, and I learned a lot from it.
    I think this is a serious problem, and we should stop it before another student gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete