01. Do you know some cases about corporal punishment? Please explain it.
A. In this site, there are a lot of cases of corporal punishment which were really happened in schools. For example, there was one case that the boy entered a vegetative state because of brain hemorrhage by teacher’s corporal punishment. The boy’s mother took the teacher to court, and reached compromise by compensating the mother for damages. In addition to this case, there are so many cases in this site.
S.TAKEDA “教師の体罰・犯罪。その他の裁判” 18 Feb 2006
From this site, I was so surprised because the number of cases is bigger than I expected. At the same time, the details were so serious. I didn’t know that there are students who forced into attempt suicide. Recently corporal punishment is regarded as a serious problem, so the number of cases is decreasing, but there is the harsh hazing in the club and violence at school still now.
02. 11. What is a good way to scold children?
A. In this site, the doctor says that the good way to scold children is not to get sentimental, not to deny children’s personality, to explain why he/she is scolded, and so on. And at the same time, it is important that children feel love and safety under the relationship between parent and child. In the stable situation, children can develop one’s sense of value, and discipline is most effective than any other situations.
Yasurou Kubo “しつけをめぐる諸問題” Oct 2010
From this site, I think discipline is really difficult. Most parents want their children to grow up to have a sensible attitude. In the future I have to take care of my children sincerely.
No comments:
Post a Comment