Thursday, June 23, 2011

NGO group

http://www.savechildren.or.jp/top/jpn/

The name of the group.
→Save the Children JAPAN

The specific issue the group deals with.
→Especially stress on the activity for the children who are disadvantaged in the basic social environment, like education or hygiene.

The group's mission statement.
→All over the world, save the children is making the revolutionary change to the way to face children each other, also is changing the children’s lives quickly and perpetually.

Goals that the group strives to achieve.
→Making the world that realizes the Rights of the Child

Concrete ways that the NGO tries to achieve its goals.
→For example, in Japan, they are trying Speaking Out Against Poverty (SOAP). This program let children participate, and try to solve the poverty with children.

How does the group keep itself running
→By donation.

How does it recruit new members to the group?
→They give us information on the web only when they need.

How does it make the media interested in its activities?
→They’re doing promotion and working with companies, and contract with some companies. Also, they put on many video on the web site.

What's your overall impression of the group? Is it a group that you would ever consider joining?
→I didn’t think about NGO groups before. I thought NGO group is the NGO group itself and it doesn’t have many kinds of different groups. By researching, I thought this save the children group is a little different from my topic, corporal punishment, however in terms of children’s welfare, I thought this can be related to my topic. Actually it deals with convention on the right of the child. We may say that in that convention, article 19.1, it tells us about prohibition of corporal punishment.
My impression of this group is their web site has enough pictures, so I can tell what they are trying, but I thought there’re a little too many donation information.

No comments:

Post a Comment