Thursday, June 16, 2011

NGO

  • The name of the group.
           The Child Abuse Prevention Association

  • The specific issue the group deals with.
            The group deals with child abuse.

  • The group's mission statement.
Our mission is to prevent and treat all forms of child abuse by creating changes in individuals, families and society that strengthen relationships and promote healing.

  • Goals that the group strives to achieve. 
The group strives to achieve that families can create strong and healthy homes.

  • Concrete ways that the NGO tries to achieve its goals.
The group provides educational training that teaches children safety skills and help parents have effective parenting skills.

  • How the group is different from others in its goals or methods?
The group tries to not only decrease the chances of abuse or neglect, but also help create strong families by helping children and their families overcome the traumatic effects of child abuse.

  • Groups with which it networks (i.e., cooperates with on projects or activities).
  The group received official notification of its accreditation recognition from the Council on Accreditation.

  • How does the group keep itself running (i.e., by fund-raising activities, donations, etc.)?
The group keeps itself running by fund-raising activities, donations.
 
  • If the group does fund-raising activities, please describe them.
The group does activity which is called “Blue Tie Affair.” The guests incorporated blue into their party attire and the activity was exceeded the group’s fundraising expectations. The group plans to build on second Blue Tie Affair in April 2012.

  • How does it recruit new members to the group?
Although at this current time, CAPA does not have a particular position available. A person who wising to join CAPA sends resume to administrative team of CAPA.

  • How does it make the media interested in its activities?
The group has its own blog, and does special events.

  • What's your overall impression of the group? Is it a group that you would ever consider joining?
I think this group’s service is effective and valuable. Because the group does practical services for example education, family support services, and counseling. The group has a brand new volunteer organization, called CAPA V.I.A, and I think it also can does good action. I think if I join the group, it will enrich my life, so I little consider joining.

           
             http://childabuseprevention.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment